Loading...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Haunted Village In a Box - Halloween Diorama


My sweet aunt in Colorado sent the girls and me a wonderful surprise care package earlier this week filled with fun Halloween craft supplies. I can't explain what a perfect gift this is for our family. The Frog Princess and I love to create and craft in my art studio and Mini-Saurus is following right behind us with complete enthusiasm for all things crafty and messy!

We built these mini haunted houses after school today and the Frog Princess immediately decided we needed to build a diorama ("like your Peeps, Mom!") So we went to work. Rome wasn't built in a day, but our little haunted village only took an hour and it sure is cute. The Frog Princess drew the trees and street light, added her assorted spooky foam stickers, and is so proud of her little creation. She went to bed tonight brainstorming how to make mini trick-or-treaters to populate our tiny town. I see a pattern in our future of holiday-themed dioramas.

Happy Haunting!

5 comments:

Casey said...

I love projects like that. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to work on stuff like that, it's going to be great.

mommylounge said...

Wow, that is really cool!! Have a great Halloween! ~Reneca

CrackerJacks said...

Very cool! I remember making these when I was in school.

Happy Halloween!

You Have Been Booed!.

ParentingPink said...

Wow! These are superfab! I like that we are not "in cognito" anymore :-) Enjoyed chatting with you at the girls' Halloween party! LOL Happy Halloween!

Kimberly said...

That's awesome - great job!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...