Loading...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

* Holiday Scented Glitter Play Dough




So I put the Frog Princess to work with me this week and we made our own home-made holiday scented glitter play dough in the kitchen. It was fun! We combined science, cooking, and arts and crafts into one big messy adventure. I'm planning to have some available to buy at my craft fair booth. Fun, organic stocking stuffers!

We made a batch of Peppermint Green (with glitter), Cinnamon Red, and Sparkly Vanilla White.Our batch of Little Gingerbread Boy Brown smelled good enough to eat with allspice, cinnamon and ginger. It was like making cookies with less post holiday saddle bag damage!

We plan to make future custom color and scent combinations as birthday gifts for the Frog Princess' little friends. I see visions of rainbow colored glitter dough in themes like Fairy Forrest Friends and Alien Army.

11 comments:

michelle said...

You're so crafty! That's awesome and what fun gifts :)

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Niiiice!

Okay, so bad mommy: I've barred my girls from playdough because every time it hits their little hands, they do something really dumb with it. Like smoosh it in their hair. Or in the carpet. The last time around, my 9-year-old stuck it under her arm pits... yeah. It wasn't pretty.

Mari said...

I love this idea! How do you scent the dough? with spices or oils?

Thanks for commenting on my blog, now I get to enjoy your blog!

Julia said...

Your daughter has her own little apron!! That is so cute. I ordered aprons for Xmas with my sister in law. Cant wait to get them. But I think I would fail at your project. :(

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

Mimi and Reese said...

The playdough, the flowers our week looks a lot alike. Too bad you aren't down the road, and we'd have a big time. Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas!!

Kimberly said...

Great idea! You're so creative.

Court said...

Yeah seriously how do you sent it? Peppermint playdoh??? Have I died and gone to heaven?!?

Morgan said...

Very cool. Do you have a recipe for this that you're willing to share?

Is it possible to adapt this for halloween with a candy corn smell, and pumpkin pie for thanksgiving?

Kailey Rhodes said...

I stumbled across this post (I've been a follower for awhile) and I would love to do this activity with my little brother (he's 8). We spend a lot of time together in the summer since I'm a teacher, and I'd love to make scented playdough!

Is there a helpful website for the recipe, or one that you can share? I would really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Kailey

sugartrampoline@gmail.com

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

@ Kailey,

I can't remember the exact recipe we used but this blog has some great recipes:
http://notjustcute.com/2009/11/06/scented-playdough-cinnamon-spice/

I think I just googled homemade play dough then added my own food coloring, glitter, and peppermint extract/oil.

Fondly,
MaryLea

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...