Loading...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Homemade Christmas Reveal #2: The Winter Sensory Box



Here is the long awaited, much anticipated Winter Sensory Box in all of it's glory.

Well... the fake snow lasted about 20 minutes before I kicked both girls out of the box and got out my mini dust buster and sucked up the fake glitter that was taking over the kitchen. I replaced all of the fake snow with uncooked white rice and it has been much better since. The snow was pretty but with the 23 month old it was traveling near and far. I tried to not be too Mommy Dearest as I threw away the snow and explained why rice was even cooler than fluff.

6 comments:

Not Hannah said...

That's awesome! (And yeah, my kids would have gone bonkers with the fluff and glitter, too.)

Jennifer said...

Umm, is that a whale in there? That is so cute! Good thing you thought of the rice. I WOULD have gone all mommy dearest on 'em!

Melissa said...

Love this! I can't wait to make one for my daughter for a winter activity. I might try cotton balls or maybe pillow stuffing... (she already has a rice pit that she LOVES).

Adriana said...

Very cute! We just used cotton balls- much easier to clean up!

kimberly said...

I just found your blog and am enjoying it. I am a 3s preschool teacher and love what you are doing here. Its great. I just made a winter box and ordered Insta-snow from stevespanglerscience.com for my classroom. It is awesome!!! and clean up isn't that bad.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Hi Kimberly!!


THanks for the kind words about my blog. We have some of that insta-snow here too but I haven't done it with the girls yet -- I wasn't sure how much clean up there would be and we've got a bunch of the real stuff here that I'm so tired of shoveling I just can't bring myself to make anymore of it inside- LOL!!

: )
Fondly,
pink and green mama,
MaryLea

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...