Monday, January 26, 2009

Do Not Eat This Diaper Cake


So this is my first ever attempt at making a diaper cake.
It will serve as a centerpiece at my sister-in-law's upcoming baby shower.
And... as my main gift (read: two birds, one stone)


I found directions online at Plan-the-Perfect-Baby- Shower.com
Yes, it's a real website.
The directions are simple and they have lots of photos of other people's cakes.


The Frog Princess loved rolling the little diapers into mini-diaper-egg-rolls.
She even learned how to fasten rubber bands around them.
I LOVED smelling the newborn diapers baby powder smell.
Lots of olfactory memories for me.


Yes, some of you may grumble that I didn't use chlorine-free or cloth diapers.
I used what I thought my sister-in-law would like and what I used on my own kids.


Up next, more shower stuff.

9 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

You are soooo creative! Great job! I would have LOVED one of these at my baby shower ...20 years ago!

Jillene said...

That is SOOOOOO cute!!

KGW said...

That cake looks great! Don't be surprised if you get a bunch of baby shower invites after this post. Your sister-in-law is lucky to have you.

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

So great! It's really a beautiful centerpiece! She's going to love it!

Elissa said...

That is the cutest diaper cake ever! I'm glad you are doing well since SBC!

Kalisha/ Reneca said...

You did a very good job! What a great and unique gift...and I'm sure it didn't cost as much as a professional diaper cake and it is just as cute!

Amie said...

thanks for visiting my site! What a cute diaper cake!

Jen said...

Love it! So cute and very creative!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com

Teacher Kristy said...

I had a wonderful time at Darby's shower and you were the ultimate host. From one teacher to another, you are an inspiration. Your home and ideas are unique yet practical! Thank you. I have you on my favorites list. I will let you know if and when I enter the blogging world. Keep up the great work. Kristy McCracken

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...