Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blank Books for Children


One of the homemade Christmas gifts
I made for the Frog Princess this year was
a simple set of blank books.
I don't know of a single kid who doesn't like to draw and write in their own books.
She loves making up stories and illustrating mini diaries, journals, etc.
I just stapled office paper together with some leftover
scrap-booking paper to make the covers.
By making them in assorted sizes and shapes
I was able to re-use more scraps and give her more artistic freedom.
This would be such a simple birthday gift
to make for a special child in your life.
Just think what Eric Carle or Tomie DePaolo would have done with these?

5 comments:

EntertainingMom said...

We have done this too! We will laminate our cover pages (FedEx/Kinkos) so there is a little stability to them! I will also go to Borders or barnes and noble and get a plain journal usually for about $4 and cover those with scrapbooking paper!

michelle said...

What a fab idea! That would be cute also for party favors.

Kathleen said...

What a great gift! And I LOVE your new header!

Jen said...

Great idea! My girls love writing in little notebooks and I have a ton of scrapbooking papers. Thanks.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
God's Shining Stars

Rebecca said...

Oh, so cute! I bet she loved them. My kids are a little older but I bet my youngest would love to have some of these little gems, too! Great job. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...