Saturday, August 29, 2009
Baby Pajamas Shadow Box
(I fuzzed out names for privacy - sorry if it makes the photos blurry!)
Today's post isn't really an art project
that you do with your children.
It's more of a sentimental project for mom
that your kids will appreciate.
Both of my daughters came home from the hospital
in these tiny pajamas and hats.
I have memory boxes for each of them
with my journals that I kept during my 2 pregnancies,
first hand/foot print impressions,
a newspaper from the day they were born,
and a few magazines from that week
(to look back on later)
The pajamas didn't fit very well in the boxes
but I didn't want to just put them in the box of
baby clothes either.
I wanted to find a way
to honor that special day -
the start of our family
to celebrate their tiny selves.
I decided to frame their coming home
ensembles in these shadow box frames
from the craft store.
I replaced the back of the frames with a piece
of acid-free foam core and covered
each piece with art paper.
Then I used small map pins
to attach the newborn pajamas, socks, and hats
to the backgrounds.
They hang in our stairwell,
outside the girls' bedroom doors.
I pass them daily,
and give thanks
for my two sweet girls.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Baby Pajamas Shadow Box
- Kid's Craft: Mosaic Brick Doorstop
- Make Your Own Play Typewriter
- Just Add Water: Cornstarch Packing Peanut Art
- Kid's Craft: Garden Trellis Bling
- Make Your Own Flower Lamp
- * Is There A Fairy In the House ? Kid's Garden Fa...
- Newest Member of Our Family: Tiny The Snail
- Family Fun Magazine - Our Five Minutes of Fame
- Home-Made Yoga Mat Strap
- Kid's Craft: Decoupage Stamp Box
- Kid's Craft: Painted Sea Shells
- Daddy Camp: Kid-Friendly Cement Stepping Stones fo...
- Daddy Camp: Re-Cycled Crayons Using Solar Energy
- Daddy Camp: Make Your Own Gummy Candy
- Kid's Craft: Make A Mini Chalk Board
- Gardening With Kids - Sweet Potato Vine
- * Preschool At Home: Number Games You Can Count On...
- Two Of A Kind
- Preschool At Home: Make Your Own Sensory Balls
- ▼ August (20)