Loading...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Daddy Camp: Make Your Own Gummy Candy

Last Week my sweet hubby
took the whole week off
to spend time at home with our family.
It was so much fun!
It's a bit too quiet around here today
with him back to the office.

I've been wanting to re-paint the girls' bathroom.
My sweet hubby announced they would
spend a day doing
"DADDY CAMP"
It was perfect, I could get my work done without "help"
and he could play with his favorite little girlies.
(he even took photos per my request
so I could post it on my blog!)

Their first activity was
making homemade Gummy Candy.
We found this fantastic idea over at

Gummy worms and gummy bears are
very popular
with the shorter members of our family.

First they gathered their supplies:
Knox Gelatin,
Sugar Free Cherry Jello
Measuring Cups,
and my ice cube molds from Ikea.

Here's a recipe/directions you can use

Cherry Jello smells good!

Daddy did the pouring since it was hot!

After they set-up and cooled in the fridge
we had a stash of new yummy gummies!

We've got what's left of them stored in
an air tight container in the fridge.

Enjoy!!

13 comments:

Georgine said...

This is bad, very bad. I currently crave anything gummy. But I would need green and yellow gummies. Those are my favorites. Thank you so much for the idea. ( I swear, I say this without any hint of sarcasm.)

The Activity Mom said...

Yum! I'm going to try this for sure.

Melody said...

Cool idea! I really want to try this. How nice that your hubby had daddy daughter time and that you could have some uninterrupted painting time. Hope it turned out great!

Mama King said...

What a great concept - Daddy Camp! Love it! My girls are crazy for gummies and would get a kick out of making their own. Thanks!

Preschool Playbook said...

I just wanted to let you know I recently saw your blog and a post in the Family Fun magazine. I told me husband--"I KNOW THIS BLOG!" Silly, but I was excited. I think it would be great to be in such a great magazine!

EntertainingMom said...

I so puffy heart this!!!!

I don't think I have any sf Jell-o, but have regular Jello... would that work too?

Pink & Green Mama said...

To answer your question Entertaining Mom, I don't see why you couldn't use regular jello if that's all you have. I googled it and I think these are basically jello- jigglers and they can be made with or without sugar. We have noticed some poor behavior from our daughter following sugar consumption so we decided to make the sugar free. If you try it out let me know how they turn out!! : ) Happy Crafty Cooking! Fondly, MaryLea (aka Pink and Green Mama)

Hollie said...

Because of this post... I will be the bestest momma in the entire world. My 2 year old is a Gummy bear eattin' monster. If he could eat NOTHING but Gummybears, he would be in heaven.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this post. I didn't even know that making these at home were possible. I can't wait to do this with him.

Hollie
(aka: Groovewoman)

Joy said...

We made these gummie candies yesterday. What fun! We found "character" ice trays at the dollar store for our molds. We will definately be making these again. Thanks!

K-tribe said...

Thank you for this! My DD has lots of food allergies. So I have not been able to buy these at the store for her.
I am planning on having a candy themed b-day party for her in Jan, but was trying to think how I could do that with her allergies. THANKS you have made it a little easier!!!

Jessica said...

What a great recipe, have to try this one!!

Anonymous said...

My step-mom made this for us when I was a teenager and then for my kids only we called it finger jello. Always a big hit! I like this ice cube tray idea, I'll be making it with my 2 yr. old granddaughters. Thanks, Debbie

Cute Everything said...

I love that you made these with sugar free jello! What a fun treat! Thanks so much for sharing!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...