Thursday, November 19, 2009
Kid's Art: Marble Painting
The girls asked if we could
paint with marbles.
So, we borrowed a handful of marbles
from our preschool shelves,
dipped them in plates of paint
we had out from this project
(and this project)
Put some scraps of paper inside
two box lids (one for each kid)
and went to work
tipping and rolling.
They created some very abstract
Jackson Pollock-style artwork!
I love a project they can do independently
and have a successful outcome.
Marble painting is wonderful this time of year
for making home-made cards,
(if you used a really big box...
or you were brave enough to let them
roll painted marbles in the tub on big paper)
Of course, the Mini-Saurus
just wanted to paint
after she was done with her marbles,
so why not...
She had a blast mixing colors
on pieces of paper inside
her little box lid
(it's actually a handy way to contain the mess!)
Note: See my handy baby wipes
for cleaning messy little fingers
(and feet, floors, arms, tables, etc.)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- * Homemade Christmas: Family Advent Calendar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Scrappy Bookmarks
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Paint Sample Purse Noteb...
- Happy Thanksgiving 2009! Things I am Thankful For ...
- Play Time: Farm In Our Playroom
- Bubble Wrap Printmaking: Ocean Scene
- Kid's Art: Marble Painting
- * Make Thanksgiving Corn With Bubble Wrap Printmak...
- Texture Plate Fall Leaf Rubbings
- Playroom Alphabet Border
- Preschool At Home: Marbles and Golf Tee Game
- Preschool (First Grade) At Home: Interactive Word ...
- Felt Rainbow Colored Leaves and Rainbow Pom-pom Ac...
- * Fairy Pumpkin Houses
- More Paper Towel Art - Experimenting with Color.
- Paper Towel Color Wheel
- Halloween 2009 Round-Up: Harry Potter, Flying Ball...
- ▼ November (17)