Loading...

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Playroom Alphabet Border

I have been wanting to paint an alphabet
on our playroom wall for the past 2 years.

Alas, I didn't want to actually stand on a ladder
and do it so...
I procrastinated.

Sometimes my procrastination pays off...
when I saw this genius solution
I knew I'd met a woman after my own heart.


I must say, I've been coveting this scrapbooking
paper set for sometime at our local Walmart
(in the scrapbooking aisle)
but needed a good reason to buy it.

Then, I saw her post and realized that she used
the exact same paper set
(woo-hoo) !!

It was my arts and crafts destiny.

I was supposed to buy it and use it in our playroom
(or at least that's what I told my husband
when he came home and saw what I did!)

And yes, if you were curious...
I put it up on the wall
with my CM tape runner.


Before I added this lovely alphabet,
I hung our Eric Carle alphabet flash cards
from this curtain wire I purchased at IKEA.
It's a less permanent solution if
you're not down with the tape runner
on the wall idea.

I also use the wire to display kid's art work
and seasonal decor.
(those are just little curtain clips that I clip the art with)

19 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

Looks awesome!

The Activity Mom said...

Turned out great!!!

Rebecca said...

I love it!! And i love that it was as easy and scrapbooking paper and your tape runner!

Mariah said...

Love it! I have been eyeing that curtain rod at Ikea for sometime now. You put it to great use :)

*side note - I can only leave comments with my Google account. You may want to check your preferences for comments and make "name/url" an option.

Thanks again for the alphabet inspiration!

SkylarKD said...

Wow, that looks beautiful!

Sew Impatient said...

Looks great!!

Witchy Mom's Homeschool said...

Looks fun and whimsical! For our place, I have been doing a "letter of the week" with my son...cutting out a letter from scrapbook paper and letting him color, glue items, paint, whatever atop the letter. Then we taped them up one at a time around his room. We're on letter I right now :)

Elissa Pugh-Arguello said...

Educational and beautiful! Love it!

Why don't we live in the same city? :-(

Momma Snail said...

Ummm....are we long lost twins? We have the SAME IKEA curtain wire! I also use the rods/metal baskets from the kitchen section to hold books. Love what you did! I should have put mine higher, because my lovely daughter pulled all of ours off the wall. No worries, I bought two extra pack of those letters!

Kylie said...

looks fabulous!

ParentingPink said...

Hi there! It's been a while :-) I LOVE, LOVE the alphabet border...need for you to come over and help me decorate our playroom sometime! LOL. Hope you and the girls are doing well!

Rebecca said...

That looks SO great!

Mama King said...

Looks beautiful! I may have to make a trip to Walmart...

Mama Rose said...

It really looks amazing! I love the colors AND lettering...very beautiful. Great job mama!

Monica Crumley said...

Wow, that is the cutest idea. No paint, either. I procrastinate when it comes to paint. Don't know why... just do. But these letters are so "do=able"!

Bridgett said...

That looks awesome!

perches said...

beautiful border!! awesome work, mama :)

lil songbird mama said...

what a cute idea!

Bee said...

Darling border. Love the curtain rod (wire) idea. Thanks for sharing!
I am in the process of re-doing our toy/play room. Will you please post more pictures of your room so I can see the entire room. Or share the link if you've already done so.
My kids are 7, 5, 3 and 1. I need to have it fit all of their needs!

Thanks
Bethany

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...