Loading...

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Celebrating Christmas: St. Lucia Was Here


A scene from our house last weekend...
"Saint Lucia invites you to breakfast."

This is what happens when you read
"Kirsten's Surprise"
(from the American Girl Doll book series)
to your 6.5 year old.

She raided dad's white undershirts to make her "dress"

The silk scarves in the playroom for the
red sash and green wreath.

A wreath form from my art studio.

One of my battery operated votive candles
from the kitchen table centerpiece.

and...

Some of grandpa's yummy
blueberry orange bread
to serve on a play kitchen plate.

Pretty cute.

Good thing she didn't try to put
candles on her head!




6 comments:

Geek Wife said...

That is adorable!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

How sweet! Your daughter is so cute in her crown and dress. I celebrated St. Lucia day this year, too; my fiance's family is Scandinavian. Check out my post here! http://adventuresindressmaking.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-st-lucia-day-yesterday.html

Rebecca said...

I love American Girl. And that photo.

Our Pace said...

That's so cute! My kids loved the picture. It was perfect timing since we just read a couple of books on Christmas in Sweden.

Court said...

How precious is she! I love AG's stuff. We of course love the Kaya ones since that is as close to my kid's name in mass media as I'm ever gonna get.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

She's looking so adorable.

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...