Loading...

Friday, February 12, 2010

Recycled Crafts: Toddler Art Book


The Mini-Saurus "C" (almost three years old) is an abstract expressionist.
But she's also prolific.
Each week, she comes home from preschool with a new collection of masterpieces
created at the art corner.
(Please pardon the dark photos, I took them in our family room after dinner)


(I blurred out her name for this photo)

I needed a place to put all of her drawings that wasn't a year-long refrigerator display.
Then as I was breaking down the recycling last week I had an "A-Ha" moment!
I cut our Cinnamon Toast Crunch box into two big pieces (think book covers), trimmed off the top and bottom flaps, glued on a piece of scrapbooking paper, and added three holes with my hole punch.


After punching holes in a collection of her latest and greatest works I added some binder rings.


Now, she has her own mini art book to enjoy her art work in, like a preschool scrapbook.
She's very proud of it and has showed it to anyone who has appeared at the front door in the past week.


I'm thinking I'll make another one for my First Grader's Spanish Homework and work sheets
so she can have her own "Spanish Book".

Warmly,
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! This is an AWESOME way to save their art!!! Best idea ive seen yet!! Thanks for sharing!

jlbee said...

again, brilliant. i made these often for client art in my art therapy practice, but haven't though to make one for my own little artist in residence! thank you for jogging my often sluggish mom-brain that tends to compartmentalize career and momming in different areas. hee hee.

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Being a lover of pink and green, I had to stop by when I saw your blog name.. and wow... I needed your dose of inspiration. Daily. I'm now a follower!

Melodie said...

Thank you for this fabulous idea! I almost skipped over this in my reader today and I am so glad I didn't!

emilyc said...

I'm not quite sure what tangled Internet web led me to your site, but I am so glad I found it. I love your ideas and even tried one of them myself. I posted about it on my blog (http://ourlifeinpictures2008.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-art-storage.html) and gave you some linky love there, too! Thanks again for the inspiration.

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...