Saturday, May 1, 2010

Art History: Henri Rousseau Jungle Collage


We studied the artist, Henri Rousseau, last month for Art in the Schools.

The lesson I designed for the school (grades Kindergarten - 6th grade) 
involved creating a cut paper Jungle Animals and Plants collage inspired by his beautiful paintings.

We used construction paper, marker, and recycled Wrapping Paper scraps 
(from our fall school fundraiser project.)


We also just had a school-wide display/exhibit
of some of the Art in the Schools projects from the past two months.
I love the way this class decided to do the project as a whole class collage
instead of individual projects!
(Henri Rousseau collages and our Faith Ringgold Paper Quilts --I'll have more photos of them next!)


I apologize for the quality of the photos, they were taken in poor hallway lighting
with my phone because I forgot my camera - ack!


I love the way the wrapping paper scraps
add fun  and unexpected little patterns and colors!


Happy Collag-ing! 

5 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

Wow! These are so cuuuute. I love the idea, the lesson, and the art all rolled (or pasted) into one.

Great job. I'm impressed. And thank you for visiting my blog!

Megan said...

I love the collages. What a wonderful way to make "learning through doing" connections at such a young age.

Adriana said...

That turned out SO cool! BTW, your camera takes MUCH better pictures than mine. :)

Jen said...

Our school did a very similar project. However, the group collage is absolutely lovely. Great idea and so nice for children to collaborate! Well done.

Shawna said...

such great ideas!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...