Loading...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bubble Print Mats and Fish Prints


As a "convenient" result of 
helping my mom clean out HER art studio
last weekend, I recently acquired
some old pre-cut mat board art mats

(Now you know one of my real motives for "helping" my mom clean up her messes!)
The mats were a bit of a hod-podge but nothing we couldn't fix
with a bit of acrylic craft paint.



I passed them out among my students in art camp this week.

(first I asked them to print their names on the backside of the mats
so we could tell them apart later....)


Then, I passed out plates of  blue and green acrylic craft paint
small paint brushes and two sizes (big and little) of bubble wrap scraps. 

The kids had a great (messy!) time
painting the bubble wrap
and printing their mats with it.

The final results were a bit of a faux-finish/marbled/bubble finish.
There may have been a "bit" of bubble popping as well. : ) 


Then, we laid them out in the grass
to dry in the front yard
sunshine.

While our mats were drying, we got to work  printing up some fish
(Gyotaku-style) on Japanese printmaking paper.

(The lesson can be found in my Summer Art Camp Ocean Fun Art Lessons PDF)


The final projects were beautiful! and I hope...  their parents found them 
to be "frame-worthy."


I'm sure they foundpaint everywhere at bath time!


Happy Mess-Making!

fondly,
pink and green mama
MaryLea

8 comments:

Teacher Tom said...

Hee hee hee! People think I'm so helpful too. I often show up to help friends move (especially artist friends). One is having a garage sale next weekend and I offered to come over and help her set up. She's so grateful, and I'm looking forward to first pickings . . . Hee hee hee!

julie said...

I find fish printing very odd. But didn't they turn out beautifully!

The Mom I Want To Be said...

oooh- I just found some mat board yesterday! It's in not so great condition after sitting behind my dresser for years. This will be perfect. Thanks!!

willow and moo said...

Great prints! I'm sure the parents liked them, but really does it matter? The kids look like they had a blast making them. :)

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

I love how they came out, using old mats is a great idea! The bubbles on them look so cute.

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom said...

this is just so delightful! They came out so great! I will def. be doing this. :)

Lindsay said...

oo these turned out great! I think we will have to make a one of these to put a picture from our beach trip in :-)

Jennifer Williams said...

Hi there.... I have an award for you:

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-awards.html

Best Wishes, Jenni

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...