Friday, August 6, 2010

Back To School Teacher Interview


I know it's still August
and we're all still in 
Summer Vacation mode...
but I was a teacher before I was a mama
and I still operate on the school calendar schedule.

September = a new year for me (not January).
August = time to wrap up summer projects
and start planning for fall. 

While we've got toes in the pool
and popsicle stains on our tongues,
teachers are gearing up to go back to work,
homeschoolers are starting again
(or planning curriculum)
and kids are starting to have 
school on the brain again. 

In our school district,
we always have an Open House
at the end of August for kids and their parents
to visit the school, 
meet their teachers,
 and tour their classrooms.


Last year, we came up with this 
interview for "E"s first grade teacher
and we'll be doing it again this year
for second grade. 

I wanted to share with all of you,
in case you want to do the same
with your little ones.

(great for easing first day jitters
and for scrapbooks!)

We made a getting-to-know-you interview
(All About Me)
with questions that "E" answered about herself.
We included a blank interview
for her teacher to fill out
(All About You)
and mail back to us
(in a postage paid envelope we included) .
Quiz Questions included:
What is your name?
Who are the people in your family?
Do you have any pets?
What is your favorite animal?
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite food?
Do you play an instrument?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite children's book?
What was your favorite toy when you were a little kid?
What is your favorite thing about school?
Name three things you don't like.

P.S. Here are my favorite answers on "E"s quiz:
Name Three Things you Don't Like:

Parmesan

Touching Spider Webs

Cat Barf

Fondly,

pink and green mama
MaryLea

5 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Oh that quiz is fabulous! Awesome idea, thank you!

Teacher Tom said...

I think I'd like receiving one of these from a student . . . That said, I wouldn't want to have to fill out 40 of them! =)

I'm with you on living life on the school calendar, although it's different this year since I've been working all summer for the first time. I wonder how going back to school will feel in Sept.??

BranFlakes said...

What a great idea! I think I'm going to do this.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine going back to teaching in Sept. I'm not a teacher anymore, but when I was the teachers always went back the last couple of days of July and the kids came back the first week of Aug. It's different here in the south this year...school isn't starting until the second week of Aug. due to budget issues. But I know what you mean. When I say something to my friends about something that happened "last year," I always mean last school year. It confuses them so much. But if I ever go back to teaching, my body clock will be ready!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also meant to say that I had a student give me a questionnaire the year I had my daughter and I loved the idea so much. I've used the idea for 6 years now with my children either at the babysitter's (when I still worked) or with preschool teachers, K teachers, etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...