Monday, September 13, 2010
* Found Object Printmaking With Kids
I love printmaking.
I was a printmaker in college and love to experiment
with different printmaking techniques.
Found object printmaking (printmaking with household items)
is a perfect first printmaking lesson with children.
Collect stuff to print with:
(think plastic animals,
cars and trucks, balls)
toilet paper tubes,
empty thread spools,
washers and bolts,
(I raided our "Inventions Box")
Set up some shallow trays of paint.
Get some paper.
Start dipping and stamping, rolling, dragging, and experimenting!
The great thing about this kind of project is that you can do it anywhere
if you have washable paint, paper, and some random stuff!
We were outside in the driveway because it was a day of mess-making at Mom Would Never camp!
Group hand-washing stations were a must.
pink and green mama,
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Toddler Cleaning Set
- * Homemade Outdoor Play Kitchen From An Up-cycled ...
- * EASY Kid Craft: Pipe Cleaner Flower Fairies
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Halloween Fun eBook
- * One of Our New Favorite Toys! Contina Bamboo Blo...
- * Preschool At Home: Pumpkin Play Dough
- Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Play Dough Recipe ...
- * Found Object Printmaking With Kids
- * Marbling Paper With Shaving Cream and Liquid Wat...
- * Jackson Pollock- Inspired Splatter Painting Outd...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Exploring Great Arti...
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2009 (161)