Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloween Eye Spy Rice Bottle

If you've purchased my Halloween Fun e-book 
this isn't new to you but I do want to say a special thank you for your support!


For the rest of you, here's a fun little project we came up
with for the book that has been lots of fun and has been in a special spot of honor
on our Fall/Halloween table. 
Our new, Halloween Eye-Spy Bottle!


 Made with home-dyed Orange Rice
and dry Black Beans.


Filled with halloween goodies, like: 
spider rings,
Halloween-themed foam craft shapes, 
orange and black buttons,
a Mini Skeleton,
orange and black pom-poms,
an orange crayon,
a tiny witch,
a wooden monster, 
etc. 

I think we're going to need to make one 
for each holiday
around here! 
How cool would this be  on a classroom shelf?

Happy Triple 10 Day!!

fondly,
pink and green mama



4 comments:

Together Time 4 Families said...

MaryLea,
Love all of your ideas - you are so creative and everything is colorful and bright! I have made the "I Spy" bottles with ABC letters and rice. Fun to make with the Halloween items. I think I will make them with my grandkids.
Susan
www.togethertime4families.com

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I'm tempted to pay the bills today - all those tens makes writing checks (almost) fun! Thanks for another great idea. Easy, cheap, and so adaptable!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

What a great idea, that's super cute! I just clicked over from Craft Gossip where it completely caught my eye. I would love to link to this if you didn't mind.

tango said...

I love these Eye Spy bottles you've made. Brilliant!! I made one to go into a road trip care package. My nephew absolutely loved it! I used some very old barley (15 years? eek!). The colors weren't as bright/clear as yours; they were more deep and muted. I'll be making more of these. Thank you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...