Saturday, December 11, 2010

* Homemade Christmas: Felt Food Cookie Jar for Pretend Play



My sweet little niece is getting her
first play kitchen this Christmas. 

Aunt MaryLea is hooking her up with some
homemade felt food. 

I found this cute little plastic jar at the Dollar Tree
and thought it would make a perfect little cookie jar.


I made little felt cookies to go inside her jar.
Perfect for little tea parties and very low calorie!



I traced little felt circles and stitched them
together by hand with some embroidery thread and a bit of fluff, stuffing inside.

For the OREO cookies I just stacked up three white felt
circles inside two chocolate brown circles and stitched 
through all of the layers with dark brown floss.


I'm also making some fruit (strawberries and watermelon)
and veggies (peas, tomatoes, broccoli).

We'll see what else I come up with before Christmas,
it has been a fun little sewing project during evening
TV time....of course I'm making doubles of everything
because my own girls ask for everything they see me making for their cousin! 

Happy Homemade Gift-Making!

Fondly,
pink and green mama


11 comments:

Sofia's Ideas said...

I love this idea of putting the felt food in a relevant container! Oh my! The possibilities are endless! I've caught the felt food bug and I can't wait to gift everyone with these for Christmas! :)

The cookies in the cookie jar are just too adorable! :) Great job, Pink & Green Mama!

dannyscotland said...

That is one lucky little girl! Those felt food projects are super cute!

Lilyshaw said...

What a lovely gift!

The Mom I Want To Be said...

What a cute idea! I taught my kids the song "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar" this week and they loved it. I'm working on a felt food breakfast basket for; I spent the day making bacon and blueberry muffins.

The Activity Mom said...

Perfect! Love it!

Amy said...

I started making some felt food for my little ones because of your site. I have started with bow tie pasta and have moved on to eggs and I have so many more that I want to make for Christmas. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas and links!

twobusy said...

I was just thinking last night about making felt oreos, among other things, for my son's third birthday. I love how you made yours. Thanks for saving me a lot of trouble and experimentation!

Darcey said...

The jar and all the felt foods you are making are really cute. this was one of my favorite homemade gift posts I saw this week and I've linked up to it here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2010/12/weekly-favorites-december-12-2010.html

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

We are big fans of felt food in our household too! For my daughters' friends, I'm whipping up batches of felt pasta (ravioli and bow tie) and packaging them up in small metal colanders with little wooden spoons from the dollar store. Your felt food is VERY cute!! Love the cookie jar!

Red Riding Hood said...

You have really fantastic blogpage.
Lots of greetings from your Turkish fan
Luvs
RRH

Susannah said...

Your cookies are darling. I love felt food; I just wrote a post about the felt food I'm making my nieces and nephew for Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...