Wednesday, February 23, 2011
* The Cardboard Box Cat Fort
I started to call this post, "The Cat Box" and then I realized it sounds like
I'm writing a post about a litter box!
The girls call our big box fort, "The Cat Box" or "The Cat House".
"C" calls our sensory rice table the "Kitty Litter Box"
It was great fun and a wonderful photo prop at "C"s Pink Kitty 4th Birthday party
this past weekend.
It all started with a ginormous appliance box from our new wall ovens.
I actually had my hubby trim 2-3 feet off the box since it was taller than me!
Then, I cut an arched doorway and some window openings.
"C" helped me paint the box one sunny morning in the art studio.
A mini paint roller made it go pretty quickly, it took us about an hour to paint the whole thing.
Then, I painted kitty cats, grass, and a tree.
The scrapbook flowers are leftover from that cute book of punch-out flowers that we
(there is a link at the end of the heart box post if you're looking for your own
paper flower making book!)
Real buttons glued to the center of each flower
added the final perfect touch of whimsy.
We've had so much fun with our new box fort that it's living in our playroom
with plans to go out to the backyard shed for some yard/garden play once spring arrives!
Happy Fort Making!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Bamboo Blocks Rainbow Land
- * Take Time For You: Nurturing The Creative Proces...
- * Homemade Gift: Hand-tied Fleece Blanket
- * The Cardboard Box Cat Fort
- * Birthday Party Highlights: Pink Kitty 4th Birthd...
- * DIY Barbie Cardboard Box House
- * Kid's Craft: Recycled Box House
- * Stuffed Kitty Cat Tea Party with Mini Milkshakes...
- * Homemade Lollipop Photo Valentines!
- * Valentine's Day Posts Greatest Hits!
- * Recycled Craft: Valentine Heart Boxes From Cerea...
- * Tiny Tooth Fairy Gifts and Tooth Fairy Pillow
- * Our Weekend...
- * Kid's Craft: Cut Tissue Paper Stained Glass Circ...
- * Kid's Collections: Rocks, Minerals, and Fossil C...
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)