Friday, May 27, 2011
* Magnetic Board Child's Room Display and DIY Fashion Design
My 8 year old daughter "E" is a prolific artist.
She's been drawing since before her first birthday.
Her current passion is fashion sketching and designing.
We got her some Project Runway fashion sketch paper for her birthday
and she sits at her desk daily and
comes up with new "designs."
She's really good,
or, I'm biased...
But, I DO know I wasn't drawing this well when I was 8 years old!
Displaying children's art work
is always a challenge
when you have a "prolific" artist in residence!
We needed a way for her to display her work in an organized way.
Her other big thing is being "organized."
She is constantly re-organizing her room and her things.
(the apple does not fall far from this tree!)
I mounted two of these dry-erase, magnetic boards
on the wall in her room so she can display her sketches,
school projects, menus, etc.
"E" loves them - almost as much as her
Fashion Paper Pads!
Each design has a name too....
"Hot Summer Day"
"Comfortable and Cool"
She told me last night she has her
"Spring Collection" up right now,
complete with handbags, shoes, and jewelry--
I should have taken more photos but I can't keep up with her.
She's planning her "Summer Line" next!
Happy Organizing and Sketching!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Easy Kid Craft: Homemade Magnets
- * Magnetic Board Child's Room Display and DIY Fash...
- * Toilet Paper Tube Craft: Target Practice!
- * Children's Backyard Fairy Garden
- * Interview and "Puppet Play" Book Giveaway!
- * Puppet Fun Preview!
- * Backyard Makeover: Kid Friendly Play Spaces
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Mom Would Never Let ...
- * Cereal Box Weaving: Homemade Looms!
- * Tinkerlab Cardboard Box Challenge: Paste Paper C...
- * Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas Kids Can Make R...
- * Teacher Appreciation Gift: Fairy Garden Bowls
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)