Loading...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

* Semi-homemade Teacher and School Friend Holiday Gifts



"C" had her last day of preschool on Friday. 
She is officially on winter break and home with me until 2012!
We were busy girls last week making gifts for her two wonderful teachers.


She's in the "Cardinals" class this year.
When I saw these adorable wooden bird ornaments at JoAnne's craft store
at Halloween time, I knew they would be perfect Christmas gifts 
for her classmates and teachers, so I bought a bunch. 


"C" painted two of them red for her teachers with watercolors
(with permanent marker for the cheeks, eyes and she added the eyelashes!)


Then, I typed up a little poem and bagged up an ornament for each classmate
to decorate at home. With the preschool class name and year on the back.


We made a little bundle like this for each of her teachers.
They included two (homemade by mama) stiff felt bird ornaments -
a white sparkly dove and a red cardinal.
(The felt birds are a MaryLea and her mom-modified version of this craft from Family Fun.)


They also got one of my felt poinsettia pins.
Remember these from 2009? I made and shipped 30 of them to my MIL's garden club
in Amarillo, TX and another half-dozen to all of my Aunts in Colorado!

The teachers also each got a wooden cardinal ornament painted by "C"
and a felt candy cane mouse (this craft from Martha Stewart). 


Now, we just have to finish "E"s school teacher and class gifts,
she has her big holiday party this week before her winter vacation begins.


So these are waiting in the art studio
for us to finish assembling after school tomorrow
for "E"s third grade class.

Can you tell what they are? 
I'll give you a hint - not a creature was stirring, not even a candy cane....!

Happy Holiday Crafting!

Fondly,
pink and green mama,


1 comment:

Heather @ Life, Gluten Free said...

How neat. Those are perfect gifts! :)

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...