Loading...

Monday, January 23, 2012

* Playing With Blocks



 "C" and I spent an afternoon this week playing blocks
and I just loved how happy our little rainbow land looked when we were done. 

It stayed up for two days and now it's all cleaned up
but every time I walked past the playroom it made me smile.


Kind of like a big I Spy book on our happy rainbow rug. 

And in case you're wondering, because I get regular emails asking about 
the playroom rug
it was from the "MaryKate and Ashley" home collection.
Yes, THAT MaryKate and Ashley.
I bought it in 2006 or 2007 for "C"s nursery. 
I don't think you can find them anymore.  : ( Sorry. 


Lining up to go somewhere....

or they're just used to standing in lines 
since that's what you do at Dinsey World! : )


Love the clock tower. 


See the bread tag by the guard at the front door? 
"C" put it there and announced that it says, "No Solicitors" 
That's my girl.


Happy Playing! 

Fondly,
Pink and Green Mama


6 comments:

PlayDrMom said...

Thanks for sharing. The work/play is beautiful. Ahhh, the wonderfulness of simple play!!!

se7en said...

Oh I love games that get involved like this and take on a life of their own!!!

Abbie said...

Do you mind me asking where you got those colorful blocks? I love them!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Hi Abbie!

Here's a link to my first post about these great blocks!
You'll find information about buying them there.
http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-of-our-new-favorite-toys.html

Fondly,
MaryLea

Amanda said...

Your rainbow village looks so wonderfully fun and whimsical. I want to recreate it this summer with my daughter. Thanks for the link on your new flat blocks. Do you know who makes the multi colored blocks you used- the ones with the painted on features? Thanks for such a creative inspirational blog.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Amanda -- We've picked up our blocks here and there over the years. A bunch of them have come from garage sales and I'm afraid that batch was part of them -- I'm sorry I'm not more helpful. We did paint some plain wooden blocks yesterday because we can't leave anything along around here! : ) I guess you could always get some plain blocks and paint them yourself!

-MaryLea

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...