Monday, January 2, 2012
*Penguin Birthday Party Igloo Fort
The birthday girl, "C" wanted a play fort igloo for her Penguin Party play date.
I picked up this big piece of cardboard at BJs
(you could get the same thing at Sam's Club or Costco)
It's one of those big sheets of cardboard they use between
stacks of cereal boxes or toilet paper on the warehouse pallets.
Yes, I was the crazy lady schlepping cardboard through the store and to my car.
At home, I painted the whole thing with white gesso paint on my garage floor.
After it dried I used a box cutter to cut off the top corners and cut out a doorway.
Then we added "details" with some blue washable acrylic craft paint.
It was bit floppy, so I reinforced the sides with scraps of cardboard from the doorway cut-out
and glued them on either side (on the backside) with my glue gun.
For the fort, we just set up our usual "fort table"
a folding picnic/craft table and draped two white sheets over it with
a folded back opening in the middle.
Then I leaned the cardboard "igloo" in front of it.
"C" added pillows and stuffed penguins.
The birthday girl with her igloo fort.
Birthday girl and her big sister playing in the fort before the party.
"E" made an origami paper bird beak and a crown for her little sister.
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Quick and Easy Valentine's Day Kid's Craft: Make...
- * Valentine's Day Craft: Re-Cycled Card Basket
- * Imaginative Play: Valentine Shop in our Playroom...
- * Valentine's Day Themed Sensory Rice Box With Sce...
- * Kid-Friendly Spaces and Toy Storage Solutions In...
- * Chinese New Year Paper Lantern Craft and Japanes...
- * Playing With Blocks
- * Birdseed Cakes
- * Cut Paper Dragons for Chinese New Year: Easy Kid...
- * Sick Day Craftivity: Decorate a Tissue Box
- * Clay Impression Buttons
- * Craft With Your Pets: "Paint For Cats" App Homem...
- * Letter Writing Center
- * Giveaway: Playful Learning Spaces E-Course with ...
- * Giveaway: Artterro Art Dolls Eco Art Kit
- * Alcohol Ink on Polymer Clay Embossed Pendant Til...
- * Just Hanging Around Fun Photo Bookmarks!
- *Penguin Birthday Party Igloo Fort
- * Homemade Search and Find, Walter Wick Inspired I...
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)