Loading...

Monday, March 12, 2012

* DIY Eye Spy Bottle Mini Sensory Box and Egg Carton Color Sorting Game


"C" and I recently decided to make an Eye-Spy sensory mini box
out of her homemade Rainbow Eye-Spy bottle.

We emptied the bottle into a mini plastic shoe box 
and used her painted egg carton as a sorting tray.




Rainbow Eye Spy Bottle objects sorted by color into the egg carton.


Exploring Rice and digging for treasure.


We also set out her laminated cards from the bottle to use as a guide
for what to find and dig for.


Then, we matched the objects to the cards. 
She loved it and had great fun with this little mini sensory box activity!

Fondly,
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea


4 comments:

Amy said...

Great idea! I like that you don't have to pull out the entire big box. Small and simple. My kids love "digging" for treasures.

Erin said...

I have made a similar activity for my kids. I painted the inside of an egg carton different colors and we take it with us whenever we go hiking. We have fun collecting rocks, berries, bugs, etc. to fill up our rainbow carton as we hike. It is a good distraction for our littlest hiker whose feet always tire quickly. Blue is always a fun challenge!

Emily said...

What a fun idea! I've been thinking about making a sensory box for my three-year-old and seeing your dauther's sweet little hands in all that colorful rice was a great inspiration. Thanks!

Robyn... Pen Pals and Picture Books said...

We are definitly going to be painting egg cartons for storage and sorting containers! I love that!

And btw your animal zoo cut-outs were a HUGE success. We watercolored then cut out when they dried... they loved them. I'm thinking that activity will be featured on my blog sometime soon- with you being given all of the credit of course. :)

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...