Loading...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

* Rainbow Themed Activities for St. Patrick's Day (or any day!)


With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner,
I thought I'd do a little archives round up today
of some of our favorite Rainbow activities from the past!
Most of our Rainbow activities are based on the 6 color rainbow because I like
to focus on the color wheel and mixing the three primary colors:
RED, YELLOW, and BLUE
to make the three secondary colors:
ORANGE, GREEN, and VIOLET
Any of these activities can be tied into a science lesson to learn about the light spectrum
and the traditional 7 color ROYGBIV rainbow.

Make some RAINBOW Jello as a special snack!


with Watercolors!


(Cheap, easy, instant gratification, and best of all
you probably already have the supplies handy!)




on Rainbow yarn!


Make a Noodle Rainbow Sun Catcher for your window!


Play with Color Mixing and make a Color Wheel
with a paper towel and some food coloring!


and...


Last but not least....
whip up a batch of Rainbow Rice


for a Sensory Box or to make your own 


Top O' the Happy Rainbow Making
with the Wee Ones!

Fondly,
pink and green mama,
MaryLea


5 comments:

Altax said...

Lovely crafts and activities for St.Patricks day. Nice pictures!!!

St. Patrick’s Day Crafts

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What wonderful crafts! I lover the bright colors.

Whitney @ Pen Pals and Picture Books said...

Oh, I have got to make some rainbow rice-- I saw it back in the student teaching days, but I've never tried it! It looks so wonderful!
Also, I love those TP roll shamrocks from last week! Finding new things to print is so great isn't it?

Amber Dover said...

I love your ideas! :) Thanks for inspiring my craftiness lol

I nominated you for the versatile Blogger award:

http://amberdover.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/versatile-blogger-award-kewl/

God bless!

Angela said...

Thanks for the inspiration! We are in the middle of "rainbow week" over here and I love seeing what projects others have done :)!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...