Loading...

Friday, June 22, 2012

* Mouse Painting With Cotton Balls and Q-Tips inspired by the book "Mouse Paint" by Ellen Stohl Walsh


"C" and I recently read "Mouse Paint" by Ellen Stohl Walsh.


We were inspired to try some "mouse painting" of our own!
I set up "C" at the easel. 
She dipped white mice (white cotton balls)
into a tray of red, yellow, and blue paint to experiment. 
I also gave her some Q-tips to try out.


At first I thought she was going to paint a rainbow...
I tried to keep my mouth shut and let her paint whatever she wanted.
She did not mix colors like I thought she would.


The golden arch, turned into a lady with golden hair.
Two blue eyes.
Two blue nostrils.
One red smile.
When she added the blue highlight she announced that it was me! : )
(I had a blue feather in my hair at the time)


Check out my fancy blue high heels to go with my blue hair feather. 
She wrote "Mom" with a Q-tip dipped in yellow/blue to make green.


You'll see the words "Mom" and "Boo!" at the top of the painting...
They're two of her favorite sight words that she can spell right now. 


It was a pretty fun way to spend an afternoon. 

Fondly,
Pink and Green Mama

1 comment:

Kierna C said...

Oh that is wonderful, I have tried painting with many things besides brushes but never thought of Q tips & cotton balls - thanks for a great idea.

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...