Loading...

Monday, April 15, 2013

Easy Kid Craft: Mod Podge Bird Houses

Sponsored Post Disclosure: I have been compensated for this post, however all opinions are my own and truthful. 
This post does contain paid links. 



The girls and I had so much fun with our new Apple Barrel all purpose acrylic craft paint and our new favorite Mod Podge (Mod Podge Washout) that we made some cute little bird houses for our backyard. The girls know real birds can't live in them but they sure are a cute addition to our garden and we've been using them as fairy houses. I picked up the unfinished wood houses at Michaels craft store. 


Both girls loved the spring colors our friends at Apple Barrel paint sent us and got to work painting their houses. The paint covers well and washes out of clothes and off of skin with soap and water! 


The artists at work!


After the paint dried on the houses, we applied some birds and flowers with Mod Podge Washout. 
We cut the birds and flowers carefully out of these napkins I picked up at Ikea (so cute!) 



Once the houses were dry, we took them out into the garden to play Fairy houses with! They've been a fun addition to our backyard spring outdoor imaginative play. 



Happy Spring Crafting! 


If you missed our first Mod Podge and Apple Barrel paint craft last week, 
you can see it here. We made this super cute windowsill garden for our playroom!

Warmly,
Pink and Green Mama
MaryLea

Follow Plaid Crafts on Pinterest
Follow Plaid Crafts on Twitter
Like Plaid Crafts on Facebook


Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram. 



Disclosure: The Apple Barrel paint and Mod Podge in this post were given to me for review.
This post was written as an addition to part of a campaign with Blue Print Social.
All opinions expressed are my own. 




3 comments:

Crafty Homeschool Mama said...

Ok, the bird napkins are seriously so cute I think I may pick up a pack or two this week at Ikea! And I know I have at least 2 plain birdhouses in the art supplies just WAITING to be painted. Very cute.

kellie from Crafting On A Dime said...

I love this idea. My 7 year old love to do art and we have been wanting to add more bird houses to our garden. Thank You for sharing your fabulous ideas.

Amy Anderson said...

Awesome as always MaryLea - these are so fun!!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...