Sunday, July 28, 2013
Homemade Summer Treat For Kids to Make: Healthy Fruit Popsicles
Here's a quick summer treat you can make with your kids.
The girls love to "cook" in the kitchen with mom during summer break.
We've been making homemade bread, cookies, dips, soups, and treats.
My girls love to make homemade popsicles.
So much healthier because we can control the ingredients and (bonus!)
the girls take pride in them because they made them!
We make them just the way I did as a kid, we use paper bathroom size cups,
cupcake wrappers and wooden popsicle sticks.
We add fruit as a fun treat - any kind will do.
We like to use a mix of whatever's in the fridge --
sliced strawberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi slices, blue berries, raspberries,
diced pears, watermelon cubes, melon, etc.
Then, fill the cups with fresh fruit and juice of your choice - we like
white grape juice, cranberry juice, and orange juice the best. Sometimes we use lemonade.
We haven't tried coconut milk yet -- I want to try chocolate almond milk with bananas next!
Place the cupcake wrapper on top (like a lid) and poke a popsicle stick through -
sometimes it's easier if you make a small snip with scissors first.
The wrappers keep the sticks from tipping and they help catch drips later!
Just set them in freezer until they set up.
Peel off the cups or let them thaw for a minute and slide
them right out. We eat ours in the backyard so we don't get sticky floors!
Nothing fancy, we're keeping it simple around here.
Pink and Green Mama
Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.
- Making Silhouette Art With Children
- Homemade Summer Treat For Kids to Make: Healthy Fr...
- Travel Size Sensory Box for Small World Play
- Make Dress-Up Play MORE FUN with DIY Costumes!
- Mark Rothko Inspired ATC Color Studies
- Paul Cezanne Inspired Still Life Drawings With Oil...
- Fun With Legos: DIY Lego Hangman
- Preserving Lego Memories and Fun With Legos: Lego ...
- Star Wars Peg Dolls - DIY Toys from the Craft Room...
- 4 Kid-Friendly Outdoor Activities for the 4th of J...
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)